I hope you had a fantastic Mother’s day.
Mine was incredible as I was able to get a bunch of work done in the morning to help support our team.
And I then finished off with a dinner in San Clemente with my mother Donna, Tatiana, and sisters Emma’s fiancé Bobby & my nephew Ryder.
What a fun time to celebrate my sister’s first mothers day as a mom!
And while at dinner I couldn’t help thinking how life moves so fast…
In fact, it’s fleeting.
As I had a flashback to the first time I visited San Clemente where she lives. At that time, I was 20 years old back in January of 2003 on a road trip from Michigan where I grew up.
In all honesty, I had blown off my first week of classes to escape the cold..
And spent 7 days on the west coast with 3 other college friends with a mere $150 to my name.
This included spending a full day on the beach & camping in San Clemente.
We arrived in the first week of January and probably it was only 60 degrees at the beach.
But coming from negative temperatures and 1 foot of snow, it might as well have felt like 90 degrees.
And now fast forward and seemingly in a blink of an eye..
It’s already May of 2021 and my sister Emma lives in the very same beach town with her fiancé and first born child Ryder, my nephew.
And in the next blink, it will be 2040 and will wonder where the time went?
So is life.
And that’s also your message today.
Life comes fast and goes before you know it.
So stop focusing on the trivial many, and instead focus on the important few.
How to do this you might ask?
- If you don’t exercise or eat well consistently, start. Your health is all you truly have. Once it’s gone, it’s gone.
- Only tolerate positive people and information in your life. As your input equals your output.
- Be kind and offer more grace than required to others. As everyone is going through a silent and private battle.
- Be stricter with yourself. Most people mask their problems and myself included. This is so they can avoid or justify them. It’s human nature but stop doing that.
- If you need to lose weight, be honest with yourself and act.
- If you need to get more fit, be honest with yourself and act.
- If you need better relationships, be honest with yourself and act.
After all, life is fleeting.
As it will pass you by if you don’t stop and focus on what really matters.
Let’s make it a GREAT WEEK!!!
PS And Happy Mother’s Day again for all you beautiful women in this world. As it wouldn’t be the same without your tenderness, care, and love. So, I am deeply grateful for that.