Happy Monday and what a weekend! 💪🔥
Our CEO Bedros K, my brother Barrett and I led a 3 day workshop called “Fit Body Elite Training” where we poured into our leaders and coaches both locally and throughout our brand! As teams from California, Texas, and Oregon were in attendance which was absolutely incredible!
Saturday was by far my favorite which is coaches day as it’s always inspiring surrounding yourself with happy, positive, fit people who want to help others! ♥️
One of the teachings that we presented and topic of today’s message which was inspired by a friend Joey, from our Elite Training in Atlanta’s feedback earlier this year. It was that on building belief around our mission of Inspiring Fitness and Changing Lives Every Day. 🏋🏻♂️
So as a precursor I presented on the “the need” which in looking at the data from the CDC; sadly it’s not hard to uncover many scary facts. 🙀
As the truth is our country is in a SERIOUS HEALTH CRISIS!
And no, I am not talking about COVID….
Yes, COVID can be a nasty bug; especially dangerous for the elderly, and unfit….
However there is a root cause to this danger which is our OBESITY epidemic.
You see, OBESITY is the root issue of much of our disease in this country, which compounds the effects of COVID, and many other diseases inclusive of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer.
Sadly, these are all the leading causes of preventable, premature death and inclusive of COVID cases which unfortunately is not highlighted enough by our educators and media.
And if there are any doubts, check out some research below directly from the 2018 CDC report which paints a very scary but real problem for Americans.
CDC 2018 Stats on Obesity specific to American Adults
- The prevalence of obesity was 42% as of 2018 (and will be closer to 50% when the 2019 data is released).
- The prevalence of obesity increased from 30% to 42% from 2000-2018.
- The prevalence of severe obesity increased from 4% to 9% from 2000-2018.
- The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the United States was $147 billion in 2018 US dollars; the medical cost for people who have obesity was $1,429 higher per year than those of normal weight.
- 84 million U.S. adults consume fast food every day which is a leading factor in obesity.
- Only 25% of young adults are too overweight to serve in our military which poses a national security threat.
- Only 23 % of adults who met the Physical Activity Guidelines for both aerobic and muscle-strengthening activity which is another leading factor in obesity.
- Getting enough physical activity could prevent:
- 1 in 10 premature deaths
- 1 in 8 breast cancer deaths
- 1 in 15 heart disease deaths
So while alarming, the GOOD news is this…
There is a solution and YOU can be a part of it!!
And while its not easy, it is simple…
- Take proper care of yourself by way of working out at least 3 times per week (inclusive of intense cardio activity and strength training). 🏋🏻♂️
- Eat nutrient dense foods 🍏
- Drink a gallon of water daily 💧
- Sleep 7+ hours… 😴
If you and our community & country take this simple action plan, we would eliminate obesity and drastically reduce the effects of COVID and the countless other diseases listed above which obesity compounds.
So the silver lining is the CHOICE IS YOURS!! 🤲
And this is exactly why my team and I are SO PASSIONATE about our mission of Inspiring Fitness and Changing Lives Every Day and rest assured, we are here to support you in your journey every step of the way!! 🔥💪
Make it a GREAT Monday and week!
Committed to your success,