Leadership Lesson: The Energy Bus
The title is from the best selling leadership book “The Energy Bus” by Jon Gordon.
Jon and his leadership teachings are top of mind today as I have an interview scheduled with him on our Fitness CEO podcast this Saturday that will be released in mid March.
He’s been a big mentor from afar and excited to share his ideas which have impacted my personal leadership.
Specific to today’s headline..
The Energy Bus is 1 of his best sellers that teaches readers how to cultivate positive energy and mindset to overcome life’s challenges.
Why is this important?
When you break it down, leadership is about creating and transferring energy and emotion.
The end result is to inspire your team to take action to help your clients, team and organization win.
In fact, cultivating energy is everything specific to your ability to inspire and execute.
Simple outcome but not easy to attain which is why leadership is important but hard.
Looking ahead and over the next 10 weeks, we will break down each of the 10 key concepts in this leadership masterpiece.
10 Rules of the Energy Bus
- You are the Driver
- Move Your Bus in the Right Direction
- Fuel Your Ride with Positive Energy
- Invite People on Your Bus and Share Your Vision for the Road Ahead
- Don’t Waste Your Energy on Those Who Do Not Get on Your Bus.
- Post a Sign that Says’ No Energy Vampires Allowed’ on Your Bus
- Enthusiasm Attracts More Passengers and Energises Them During the Ride
- Love Your Passengers
- Drive With Purpose
- Have Fun and Enjoy the Ride